Monday, November 12, 2007

LET MYSELF FIND ME

This past weekend my band Maple Grove competed in the Muse Music Battle of the Bands here in Provo for our first couple of shows in over 2 and a half years. We were able to win our heat out of 4 bands on Friday night which got us to the finals on Saturday night where we competed against 4 other bands (5 total); The Elizabethan Report, Flashburnt Shapes, The Skinny Mice, After Midnight, and Maple Grove (us.)

We decided to change up our set on Saturday night so that we didn't play the same songs in the same order as we did on Friday, you know to provide a little differentiation in our set. I don't know what it was but our set on Saturday night was so tight and went so well. I was a little sketched out at playing last because I was afraid that many of the people at the show would leave due to the fact that they had already been at the show for like three hours. But a ton of people stuck around and made the night so so rad.

We ended up taking 2nd place overall which was way rad considering our competition and our lack of awareness over the last 2 years. I'm not going to lie I was a little disappointed that we didn't take first place because although The Elizabethan Report is a rad band and I have the utmost respect for them, I felt our show went just a little better but MAD PROPS to them for stepping it up and taking the gold. Regardless we got hooked up for 2nd place with $100 and 5 hours of recording time. So we are going to go into the studio soon and lay down this new track we have been working on which is oh so good. I think we are going to spend the $100 on t-shirts so we can start generating some revenue so that we can buy a van for our tour coming up this spring/summer.

I just want to say thanks to all of the bands we played with and all of the fans who came out and lent their support. Be on the lookout for upcoming Maple Grove shows, you don't want to miss the next party!

PS - pics coming soon

No comments: